Friday, February 22, 2008

ALGERIAN GERANIUMS

The sky is overcast and the wind has got up. Seems chilly to me.

Good. I need the grass to stop growing. Roots are spreading through the gravel but I haven’t an edger and Ming has gone off with the spade.

He’s rented an allotment so he can grow Jerusalem Artichokes.

At the council offices, he had to fill in a form and give his address but they didn’t ask for a photo.

Good.

Another leaf has died on the hollyhock. Once again, a new one has grown in the middle. This, I suppose, is life.

Lucy-next-door invited me for a cup of coffee. (A posh new blend she bought in Southampton.)



“I’m thinking of growing these,” she said, handing me a seed catalogue open at a page with some very pretty blue flowers on it. “Algerian Geraniums.”

Oh!



(We put the blackbird in the compost.)

_ _ _ _ _

For earlier posts, click here, or on the blue barrow at the top of the sidebar.

For Tomorrow

No comments: